Thursday, January 28, 2010

These Days

What fine adventure have we set out on this month? Potty training!!! Hooray for buying diapers for one (not two)! Let me remind all those out there who have passed this way and who may pass this way, it is a messy business. But oh my, I do not miss those diapers a bit. It will be a huge accomplishment when we make it more than 3 days without a 'miss'. At least we aren't tied to the toilet area as much anymore. We have had successful trips to the store and I think we will start venturing out to play group. The quote for this week from Jameson is, "Dad you're a silly guy." It was such a definitive statement with all the authority a two-year-old can put behind something like that. What a funny kid!

Katie is growing fast and eating like a teenage boy... well... hmm...she likes to eat a lot at least. A very healthy 2 month old baby weighing in at 14lbs. That's my girl! Besides eating, she loves to watch her mobile. It's like the mobile is a smile factory, she will watch it and smiles, coos, and wiggles spurt forth. She also loves her activity gym. We are still waiting to see if the dark hair is a permanent thing (I think so). And the most amazing thing she does...she sleeps through the night. I hope that saying that doesn't jinks us (you know how kids are), but she has been sleeping a solid 5-8hrs a night for about 2 weeks now. And I am thrilled.

James and I are doing well. James got called as the athletic coordinator for our ward so Saturdays are full of basketball and refereeing. I just made a fun little craft for Valentine's Day. It is a garland made of felt hearts. It only took an hour to make and it looks great! I'll have to post a pic. So that's what we're up to these days.

4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of your kids. They are so adorable. Glad to hear Katie is sleeping through the night. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are so cute. Katie is a doll. Meggan's Reise weighed 17 lbs at 4 months, of course she started out at 10 lbs 3 oz. I'm glad you are doing a blog... it is fun to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you-sleep is precious (and kids) but sleep is more rare than kids-at our house anyway. I hope she keeps it up, she is so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the potty training! Always something to look forward to. The kid's photos are adorable. And I am jealous that Katie sleeps all night. Adelle has only slept through the night ONCE! I don't know what it's like to sleep all night anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete